True Storytelling consists of seven principles and seven processes you can use as tuning forks when you plan, facilitate, or evaluate a project and as a way to create a true and ethical life for yourself and the community or organization you are a part of. The method will help you to overcome challenges with implementation and aid in developing a long-term sustainable solution.
1. Truth: You yourself must be true and prepare the energy and effort for a sustainable future
2. Make room: True storytelling makes spaces respecting the stories already there
3. Plot: You must create stories with a clear plot creating direction and help people prioritize
4. Timing: You must have timing
5. Help stories along: You must be able to help stories on their way and be open to experiment
6. Staging: You must consider staging including scenography and artifacts
7. Reflecting: You must reflect on the stories and how they create value